Monday, September 12, 2011

Chicago Blues Showcase: recording, playlist, and shownotes









Dear Listeners,

This is my first excursion into the grand land of blues. As always, I had a lot of fun learning about the genre and I hope you learned some too......below is the playlist.

Black Snake Moan - Blind Lemon Jefferson

Booze and Blues - Ma Rainey
Maybe it's the Blues - Georgia Tom
Baby Please Don't Go - Big Bill Broonzy

Champagne & Reefer - Muddy Waters
smokestack lightnin' - HOWLIN WOLF
I can't quit you baby - Willie Dixon

Wang Dang Doodle-Koko Taylor
Hold that Train - Otis Rush
I'm a man - Bo Diddly

Pile Driver Blues - Kansas Joe McCoy
I smell a Rat - Buddy Guy
Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker

Queen Bee - Taj Mahal
The Thrill is Gone - BB King
Aint No Love in the Heart of the City - Bobby Blue Bland

I'm Walking to New Orleans - Fats Domino

I'm thinking about doing Tribal House for the next show....if you think I should do something else....I would love to hear your suggestion.

Best,

Popeye

No comments:

Post a Comment